Every year, Massachusetts gas distribution utilities are required to report the location of gas leaks and leaks that were repaired in their territories to the Department of Public Utilities. HEET uses the reports to create the maps and information below. Use these maps to zoom in on your home, school, or business to find local gas leaks. Remember:
- The maps are snapshots in time as of the last day covered by the report, December 31 of each year
- Any one leak could have been repaired since or new ones developed
- Independent researchers typically find 1.5 to 3 times as many leaks as utilities report
- The leaks are on public streets, not inside buildings.
- If you are experiencing difficulties viewing the maps, email us.
We share our geocoded leaks data under a Creative Commons license. Please contact us directly if you would like a copy.
You can learn more about HEET’s mapping process here.
Unrepaired Leaks 2019
Repaired Leaks 2019
|National Grid - Boston Gas||9623||6308|
|National Grid - Colonial Gas||965||658|